Friday, December 19, 2008

AND THE WINNER IS....

Sorry about the delay - please note that both prize winners may claim their prizes next Monday after 12PM. If you were one of the eight finalists but not a winner below, there will also be a small prize waiting for you at this time as well. Congratulations!

In second place, with a score of 335 out of a possible 400:
Tatiana Karadimitriou for the story "The Girl Named Eustronia"

And our grand prize winner, with a score of 355 out of a possible 400:
Matthew Romano for the story "Blood Cabin"

Thank you to all who participated - the scores were very close!! We will be holding another contest in the New Year - and hope you enter then. Also, a special thank you to our four hard working judges who managed to read through so many of your stories and pick the winners above.

The judges were:

Anne Wentzell, Assistant Principal, Gr. 7, Oak Middle School - Shrewsbury
George Brown, Assistant Library Director, Shrewsbury Public Library
Sarah Sogigian, Trainer/Consultant for Youth Services, Metrowest Regional Library System
Dennis Holtgrefe, Electronic Resources Librarian, Shrewsbury Public Library





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I won!!!! All I can say is WOW! Thanks to all the judges, and even you Daniel Bour (i think we met at the grand opening of the loft; you told me you read my story and really liked it).
I'm really excited to enter the next writing contest in January! I'm also very eager to find out what the topic/genre will be!!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I misspelled your name. I meant Daniel BARBOUR.

Anonymous said...

Great short story for a young author.
Good use of descriptive language and scene shifting.
I found the story to be quite scary; so scary that I now look in the back seat before getting in my car.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://aluejxfttk.com]RXdwOizlhMnEcwq[/url] - zifjB - http://pyfnknfrtw.com