Thursday, December 18, 2008

Why So Serious?

I have not forgotten about announcing the writing competition winners - we're just waiting on the final scores to come in!!

I need to address an unfortunate situation that has occurred in The Loft.

SPLAT purchased some new posters for the room - one of them a "Batman: The Dark Knight" poster with the Joker on it. It fit the room well, and was suggested by a teen. Unfortunately though, the poster has been stolen.
One could argue that it's just a $10 poster and we shouldn't worry about it, but on the other hand, it's more than just a $10 poster. It's a part of the new Loft which I for one am very excited about. Every detail, including the $10 posters help add something to the room which makes it more inviting. I will not replace the poster for a good long time, and I am not looking for anyone to donate another in the time being. I don't think anyone should have to spend money on something we already own.

If anyone has seen the poster or knows who may have taken it, feel free to e-mail me: dbarbour@cwmars.org with details. If by chance the poster-napper is reading this post, if you could just please hang it up on the wall or leave it in The Loft, I will not seek any sort of action against you - I just want the poster back.

I would hate to have to close the room if this type of theft continues - but it is a possibility.


I know that this post doesn't apply to most of you - so many of you use the room and help make it great - this message is only intended to inform and talk to one person - you know who you are.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry this happened! Somone trys to do a little good in the world and something like that happens! I hope you get the poster back too!